Title and statement of responsibility area
Blaris Methodist Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 2005-35
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
4 cm textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The first Methodists services in Blaris, Manitoba, located northwest of Hamiota in the Rural Municipality of Minnedosa, were held in 1884 by a circuit preacher from Birtle. Once the school house was built in 1885, services were held there. Blaris at this time was part of the Crandall and Arrowton circuit. In 1896 a parsonage was built in Blaris. In 1902 the circuit was reorganized under the ministry of Reverend S.W.L. Stewart and included points at Blaris, Beulah, Miniota, Crandall, Arrowton, Lavinia and Chumah. The field was technically divided in 1904 by all points continued to receive service. The field was renamed the Miniota Circuit in 1907 and the mission included Miniota, Blaris, Beulah, and Brighton. Isabella was added in 1911. A church was built in 1903 by two Nesbitt brothers and a Mr. Tully. The Methodist congregation rented it to the Presbyterians. The church burned down in the spring of 1912 and was rebuilt by both the Methodists and Presbyterians The two congregations formed a Local Union in 1923 to become the Blaris Union Church.
The records of Blaris Methodist Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the conference office in 2005.
Scope and content
The records of Blaris Methodist Church held at the conference archives include records of the Women's Missionary Society (1894-1924).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: A description of the records of Blaris Methodist Church can also be found in the records of Beulah Pastoral charge. Beulah Methodist also contains material pertaining to Blaris Methodist Church
No further accruals expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Beulah Methodist Church (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description