Blaris Methodist Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Blaris Methodist Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The first Methodists services in Blaris, Manitoba, located northwest of Hamiota in the Rural Municipality of Minnedosa, were held in 1884 by a circuit preacher from Birtle. Once the school house was built in 1885, services were held there. Blaris at this time was part of the Crandall and Arrowton circuit. In 1896 a parsonage was built in Blaris. In 1902 the circuit was reorganized under the ministry of Reverend S.W.L. Stewart and included points at Blaris, Beulah, Miniota, Crandall, Arrowton, Lavinia and Chumah. The field was technically divided in 1904 by all points continued to receive service. The field was renamed the Miniota Circuit in 1907 and the mission included Miniota, Blaris, Beulah, and Brighton. Isabella was added in 1911. A church was built in 1903 by two Nesbitt brothers and a Mr. Tully. The Methodist congregation rented it to the Presbyterians. The church burned down in the spring of 1912 and was rebuilt by both the Methodists and Presbyterians The two congregations formed a Local Union in 1923 to become the Blaris Union Church.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC