Title and statement of responsibility area
Beulah United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
4 cm textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Beulah United Church existed in Beulah, Manitoba, located south of Birtle, in the Rural Municipality of Miniota, from 1925 to 1972. The Beulah United Church was the product of a Local Union between the local Presbyterians and Methodists in 1923, then formally in 1925. The former Presbyterian Church was used for worship after Union. In 1925, the charge consisted of Beulah, Blaris and the Birdtail Reserve and was presided over by Reverend A.D. Simpson. The Reserve was soon transferred back to the continuing Presbyterian church but United services were occasionally provided when requested. Isabella joined the field in 1930 and the charge became known as the Isabella-Beulah charge. In 1952, Miniota, Arrow River, Isabella and Beulah became one charge known as the Miniota-Isabella Charge. In 1969, the Birtle-Miniota Wider Parish was formed and consisted of Isabella, Birtle, Miniota and Beulah. The last service in Beulah United Church took place on June 25, 1972. The church building was sold and became the Beulah Community Chapel. The congregation dispersed among Birtle, Isabella and Miniota.
The records of Beulah United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records in 2003 from Birtle United Church.
Scope and content
The records of Beulah United Church held at the conference archives includes: Sacramental Registers pertaining to Baptisms (1915-1949), Marriages (1888-1939), Burials (1888-1946); Communion Rolls (Sept. 31, 1915-June 5, 1947, 1925-1930).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some restrictions on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the records of the Birtle Wider Parish during the years 1969 to 1972 and the Beulah Pastoral charge for other material pertaining to Beulah United Church. An individual fonds level description for Beulah United Church can be found within the Beulah Pastoral charge fonds, as well as the Birtle Wider Parish fonds
No further accruals expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description