Fonds Acc: 91 - 14 - Beulah United Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Beulah United Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Acc: 91 - 14

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1879 - 1972 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

4 volumes textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The Beulah United Church existed in Beulah, Manitoba, located south of Birtle, in the Rural Municipality of Miniota, from 1925 to 1972. The Beulah United Church was the product of a Local Union between the local Presbyterians and Methodists in 1923, then formally in 1925. The former Presbyterian Church was used for worship after Union. In 1925, the charge consisted of Beulah, Blaris and the Birdtail Reserve and was presided over by Reverend A.D. Simpson. The Reserve was soon transferred back to the continuing Presbyterian church but United services were occasionally provided when requested. Isabella joined the field in 1930 and the charge became known as the Isabella-Beulah charge. In 1952, Miniota, Arrow River, Isabella and Beulah became one charge known as the Miniota-Isabella Charge. In 1969, the Birtle-Miniota Wider Parish was formed and consisted of Isabella, Birtle, Miniota and Beulah. The last service in Beulah United Church took place on June 25, 1972. The church building was sold and became the Beulah Community Chapel. The congregation dispersed among Birtle, Isabella and Miniota.

Custodial history

The records of Beulah United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from Birtle United Church in 1991.

Scope and content

The records of Beulah United Church held at the conference archives include: Communion Roll (1945 - 1972); records of the Session (1879 - 1972); records of the congregation (1924 - 1972); and financial records (1924 - 1969).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory is available.

Associated materials

Related material: See also the records of the Birtle Wider Parish during the years 1969 to 1972 and the Beulah Pastoral charge for other material pertaining to Beulah United Church. The records of Beulah United Church are also described as part of the Beulah and Miniota Pastoral charges fonds.

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres