Beulah Methodist Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Beulah Methodist Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

A Methodist Circuit was organized on 23 Aug 1884, in Beulah, Manitoba, located southwest of Shoal Lake in the Rural Municipality of Miniota. Points in the mission included Beulah, Arrow River, Brownridges and Torrances (Blaris). A church was built around this time as well and was jointly used by the local Methodist and the Presbyterian congregations until 1903. In 1885, Eyers and Masons were added (later known as Arrowton and Rathesay) to the field. By 1888, the field consisted of Beulah, Blaris, Ethel, Arrow River, Carlingville, Chumah, Old Miniota, Hamiota, Viola Dale, and Oak River. In 1890 the circuit was reorganized and had dropped to just Beulah, Blaris, Ethel, Miniota, Arrow River and Carlingville. In 1897, Arrowton was added and Crandall joined the field in 1901. Reverend S.W.L. Stewart reorganized the circuit in 1902 so that it served Beulah, Miniota, Blaris, Crandall, Arrowton, Lavinia and Chumah. In 1907, Beulah, Blaris, Brighton, Miniota formed the Miniota Circuit. A Local Union was formed between Beulah's Methodist and Presbyterian congregations in 1923 before formally joining the United Church of Canada in 1925. The Presbyterian church, built in 1923, continued to be used for worship after formal union.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC