Title and statement of responsibility area
Beresford United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
2 volumes of textual material
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Beresford United Church existed in the Manitoba community of Beresford, southwest of Brandon in the Rural Municipality of Whitehead, from 1925 to 1969. Its predecessor was a Local Union between the Beresford Methodist and Presbyterian congregation formed in June of 1913. The Methodist church, dedicated on November 27, 1904 to replace in the church destroyed by fire in April of 1902, continued to be used as the United Church. The Local Union field included Little Souris and Roseland with Rev. A.W. Churchill. After the Second World War, Roseland left the charge and Beresford and Little Souris joined the Brandon Hills charge for a short period of time. Beresford was also a combined charge with Rounthwaite in the early 1950s. It joined the Souris Pastoral charge in 1956. Services were discontinued at Beresford United Church in July 1969 and the building became a community centre.
The records of Beresford United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the Souris-Elgin Pastoral charge in 1999.
Scope and content
The records of Beresford United Church held at the conference archives include Sacramental registers pertaining to Baptisms (1909-1964), Marriages (1909-1967), and Burials (1909-1958).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some restrictions on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers may apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the fonds level description for Beresford United Church found within the Wawanesa Pastoral charge.
No further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description