Belmont Knox United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Belmont Knox United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1925-present

History

Knox United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Belmont, located southeast of Brandon, since 1925. Its predecessors were Belmont Presbyterian Church and Belmont Methodist Church. The Presbyterian Church, built in 1891, continued to be used as the United Church. The Methodist Church, built in 1892, was sold to the Pentecostal Assembly congregation shortly after Union in 1925. The first United Church minister to serve the charge was The Rev. H.B. Wallace. The church was renovated to a larger size and officially re-opened on October 23, 1927. Hilton was also served by the Belmont charge after 1940. Belmont continued to have afternoon services and Alma morning services. In 1975, Belmont Hilton and Baldur became one charge. The Belmont services were then held in the midday with Baldur and Hilton alternating morning and evening services each year. In September 2005, this charge amalgamated with the Glenboro and Holland-Cypress River Pastoral charge to form the Prairie Vision Pastoral charge, which includes Baldur, Belmont, Cypress River, Glenboro and Holland.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Draft

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC