Title and statement of responsibility area
Beaver United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 86 - 36; 1998 - 9
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1890 -  (Creation)
Physical description area
6 volumes of textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Beaver United Church, located in the Rural Municipality of North Norfolk, came into existence in 1925 with the amalgamation of Beaver Methodist and Wesley Methodist Presbyterian churches, although they had entered a Local Union in 1913. The Presbyterian church, also known as the Hampton Church and built in 1891, continued to be used as a Union Church. Beaver Union Church had been part of the MacGregor Pastoral Charge and continued to be after formal union with The United Church of Canada in 1925. Rev. Thomas B. Pearson was the first United minister. The church closed on October 16, 1966 and the congregation amalgamated with MacGregor United Church. The church building was moved to Jacksons Lake, sold to Dennis Rothwell and moved to his farm in 1984, where it was used as a storage shed. The Beaver choir continued at MacGregor United Church but disbanded in 1993.
The records of Beaver United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of two transfers from the MacGregor Pastoral charge in 1986 and 1998.
Scope and content
The surviving records of Beaver United Church include: records of the Official Boards, including an account book and Annual Meeting Minutes (1907-1960); financial records, including an account book (1961-1965) and annual statements (1955-1958); records of the United Church Women (U.C.W.), including minutes (1972-1973); records of the Women's Missionary Society (W.M.S.), including minutes (1890-1954); records of the choir, including a scrapbook (c. 1993) and 20th Anniversary concert programme (1980); and newspaper articles.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the MacGregor United Church fonds for additional material.
Associated material: "Through fields and Dreams" by Doris Bronstein (University of Winnipeg, Rare Book Collection)
No further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description