Fonds Ex. 41 - Beausejour Presbyterian Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Beausejour Presbyterian Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Ex. 41

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • ca. 1900 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 volume textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The first Presbyterian communion services in Beausejour, a Manitoba community located about fifty minutes northeast of Winnipeg, took place in September of 1890 and were presided over by Rev. J. A. F. Sutherland. The pastoral field at this time included points at Beausejour, Tyndall, Brokenhead and Ladywood. A church building was erected by the Presbyterian congregation in 1904 at the corner of Third and Park in Beausejour. The first minister of the new church was Rev. Gordon MacLean. This church was also used for Methodist services. In 1925, the congregation officially joined The United Church of Canada and became Beausejour United Church, later renamed St. Paul's United.

Custodial history

The records of Beausejour United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the Beausejour Pastoral Charge.

Scope and content

The surviving records of Beausejour Presbyterian Church include marriage certificate stubs (c. 1900).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory available.

Associated materials

Related material: See also the Private Register of Rev. Thomas Hart for entries that include the Beausejour and Tyndall area for Baptisms dating from 1892 to 1910.

Accruals

No further accruals expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres