Title and statement of responsibility area
Balmoral United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 78 - 26; 85 - 18; 87 - 9; 1999 - 34
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1922 - 1990 (Creation)
Physical description area
.5m textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Balmoral United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Balmoral, in the Rural Municipality of Rockwood, since 1925. Its predecessor was Balmoral Methodist Church, and the Methodist Church, built in 1889, continued to be used following Union in 1925. In November of 1925, the congregation expanded to include the Victoria district and the Victoria church was reopened after not being used since 1917. Rev. J.B. McLaren presided over the two-point field. At first, Balmoral and Victoria were once again considered one congregation, but later they developed into two independent congregations with one Session. Brant / Argyle was added to the charge in 1929. Victoria United Church amalgamated with Balmoral when Balmoral became part of the Stonewall Pastoral charge in 1947. On January 1, 1960, they joined the Teulon Pastoral charge, which included Gunton. As of 2009, Balmoral United Church is in the Teulon Pastoral charge in the Selkirk Presbytery.
The records of the Balmoral United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of several transfers of records in 1978; 1985; 1987 and 1999.
Scope and content
The surviving records of Balmoral United Church include: a Sacramental Register pertaining to Baptisms (1957-1965); Marriages (1958-1964, 1966, 1974, and 1985); and Burials (1958-1965); records of the Committee of Stewards, including minutes (1939-1986); records of the Session, including minutes (1957-1959); records of the Union Sunday School, including minutes (1930-1936); records of the Balmoral/ Victoria Women's Auxiliary (W.A.)/ United Church Women (U.C.W.), including minutes (1960-1983), records of the Women's Missionary Society (W.M.S.), including minutes (1922-1952), records of the Ladies Aid, including minutes (1939-1951); records of the Balmoral/ Victoria Ladies Aid, including minutes (1947-1954); records of the W.A. Circle, including minutes (1951-1958); records of the W.A., including minutes (1958-1959); and Annual Reports (1989-1990).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some restrictions on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Further accruals expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description