Balmoral United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Balmoral United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Balmoral United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Balmoral, in the Rural Municipality of Rockwood, since 1925. Its predecessor was Balmoral Methodist Church, and the Methodist Church, built in 1889, continued to be used following Union in 1925. In November of 1925, the congregation expanded to include the Victoria district and the Victoria church was reopened after not being used since 1917. Rev. J.B. McLaren presided over the two-point field. At first, Balmoral and Victoria were once again considered one congregation, but later they developed into two independent congregations with one Session. Brant / Argyle was added to the charge in 1929. Victoria United Church amalgamated with Balmoral when Balmoral became part of the Stonewall Pastoral charge in 1947. On January 1, 1960, they joined the Teulon Pastoral charge, which included Gunton. As of 2009, Balmoral United Church is in the Teulon Pastoral charge in the Selkirk Presbytery.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places