Title and statement of responsibility area
Balmoral, St Peter fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
6 cm textual material
1 still image
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Balmoral Mission dates back to 1908. Balmoral, Brant (OW.011) and Victoria (OW.098) shared a minister. Services were held in the local school house and hall. Building plans for a church were drawn up in 1908 and land was anonymously donated, "west of the Massey Harris Implement shed." A Building Committee was also formed and the intent was that the church be finished in April 1909. The building never materialized, however. In 1921, services in Balmoral, Brant and Victoria were provided by Stonewall's priest. This arrangement continued up to the present. Services were suspended for a time before resuming in 1930. For a brief time, the congregation rented the Balmoral United Church until rising expenses forced the congregation to suspend its use of the building. Plans for an Anglican church were again made in April 1954. This time, a 50 foot lot next to the Central Garage was donated by Mr. S. Holloway. St. Peter's Anglican Church, Balmoral, was dedicated 19 June 1955. At the time of description, the church remains in occasional use for anniversary and holiday services.
Parish to Diocesan Archives in 1984.
Scope and content
The records of St Peter held at the Diocesan Archives include: Titles (1954); Insurance Policies and Finances (1952-1960); Sacramental Register (1955-1962); Record of Services (1908-1964); Mission Minute Book and Finances (1908-1959); still image. Research file.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Canonical files, Titles, and Research files are kept in the Upper Vault, as well as the Sacramental Register. The remaining volumes are stored in the Lower Vault.
Availability of other formats
The Sacramental Register is also available on microfilm reel #1.
Restrictions on access
Use of Parish registers is restricted to Archives staff.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Rural Parishes Finding Aid
Related material: See also the Stonewall (OW.092) Sacramental Registers #1 (1899-1915), #4 (1956-1964), and #5 (1910-1972). See also Brant (OW.011), Stony Mountain (OW.093) and Victoria (OW.098).
Further accruals are expected.
Language of material note
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Brant, St John (Subject)
- Stonewall, Church of the Ascension (Subject)
- Stony Mountain, Christ Church (Subject)
- Victoria, All Saints (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description