Title and statement of responsibility area
Balmoral Methodist Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 87 - 9
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1909 - 1923 (Creation)
Physical description area
1 volume textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Balmoral Methodist Church existed in the Manitoba community of Balmoral, in the Rural Municipality of Rockwood, from 1868 to 1925. Rev. George Young began visiting the area in 1868 after his arrival in Winnipeg. Mr. Morrison was the first to be given the responsibility of the circuit north of Winnipeg. It included Rockwood, Stonewall, Victoria, West Balmoral, Pleasant Home, Windsor, Quickfalls (later known as Greenridge), Dundas, Greenwood, Woodroyd and Brant. Services in the Balmoral area were held in members' homes until 1877, when a small church was built on the northeast corner of the Peden farm located on NE 2-15-1E. It was moved into Balmoral in 1884 about the same time that a small congregation from the Victoria district joined them. In 1886 the appointments were Stonewall, Rockwood, Grassmere, Balmoral, and Campbell's. The schoolhouse was later used temporarily for services before a new church was built in 1889. In 1896 the circuit divided into two and Rockwood, Stonewall and Balmoral became the Stonewall Circuit. The Balmoral congregation also included some residents from Greenridge. In 1925, Balmoral Methodist Church officially joined the United Church of Canada and became Balmoral United Church.
The records of Balmoral Methodist Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records in 1987.
Scope and content
The surviving records of Balmoral Methodist include records from the Ladies Aid, including minutes dating from 1909 to 1923.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
No further accruals expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description