Title and statement of responsibility area
Baie St Paul, (Belcourt) St Paul fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
10cm textual records
5 still images
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The parish of St Paul was formed by The Right Rev S.P. Matheson on 17 April 1897. Services, however, had been held in the area as early as the 1880s in the home of Thomas Henry Brown. Once the Belcourt Schoolhouse was built, services were held there until St Paul's church was built in 1910. It was consecrated on 7 September 1913. A cemetery was consecrated on 12 December 1915. Throughout its history, St Paul's, Baie St Paul, has been associated with St Luke, Poplar Heights (OW.071) and St Anne, Poplar Point. By the 1960s, services were being held on alternating Sundays, and then only in the summer months. The bell tower was restored in 1993, and the church was designated a Municipal Heritage Site on 15 April 1994. St Paul, Baie St Paul, at the time of description, is only open for special anniversary services. The cemetery is maintained by the former congregation.
Parish to Diocesan Archives in 1984 and 2002.
Scope and content
The records of St Paul held at the Diocesan Archives include: Canonical Documents (1897-1915); Titles (1902); Cemetery Plan (1915); Sacramental Registers (1888-2000); Record of Service book (1927-1975); still images. Research file.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Sacramental Registers are held in the Upper Vault. Certificate of Title is held in Oversize Storage in the Lower Vault. All other files and bound volumes are stored in the Lower Vault. Still images are filed by title and located in the Still Images - Rural Parishes Collection.
Availability of other formats
Microfilm, Reel #1. Parish Registers. See restrictions. Microfilm is not available for consultation or inter library loan.
Restrictions on access
Use of parish registers restricted to archives staff. There are no other restrictions.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Rural Parishes Finding Aid
Related material: See also St Luke, Poplar Heights (OW.071) and St Anne, Poplar Point (OW.073).
Associated material: Black and white photographs, c.1912, including people. Provincial Archives of Manitoba, RLC, #32, 33, 34. Church is an historic site and is open to the public.
Language of material note
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description