Ashern United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Ashern United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Ashern United Church has existed in the Manitoba town of Ashern, located 160 km north of Winnipeg in the Rural Municipality of Siglunes, since 1925. Its predecessor was a Presbyterian Church built in 1919. In 1925, Ashern was served by a student minister, Rev. Alex Cox, and was part of a field that included points at Camper, Old Dutch Church, Silver Bay, Spearhead and Springburn. A Christian Education Building was later added to the original church structure. Ashern United Church was a separate pastoral charge until it joined the Northwest Interlake Pastoral charge in 1954. Rev. Ronald D. Johnstone presided over the charge which included Ashern, Clyde Bank, Eastlands, Ericksdale, Grahamdale, Spearhill and Steep Rock. Ashern moved over to the Southwest Interlake Pastoral charge when it was created in 1961, along with Clarkleigh, Clydebank and Eriksdale. As of 2009, Ashern United Church still belongs to the Southwest Interlake Pastoral charge in the Selkirk Presbytery.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places