Ashern, St. Michael

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Ashern, St. Michael

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Ashern Mission was opened by theology student, W. Finch and Rev. J.P. Smitheman of Oak Point on 23 April 1911. Services were held in homes throughout that summer in Ashern, as well as in Dog Lake and the Moosehorn District until the fall, when W. Finch returned to St John's College. A church was commissioned on 14 July 1911 and on 30 June 1912, St Michael's Church was formally opened. Throughout its history, St Michael has always been associated with St John, Eriksdale (OW.025). At the end of the 1960s, the Anglican services stopped at St Michael's and the congregation was served by the Lutheran Church. The church was locked in 1976. The building was then moved to the Ashern Museum grounds in 1978 and an annual anniversary service is held there in the summer. The original land was sold in 1981.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC