Arrow River United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Arrow River United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Arrow River United Church existed in Arrow River, Manitoba, located southeast of Birtle in the Rural Municipality of Miniota, from 1925 to 1969. In 1925, the charge consisted of Arrow River, Miniota, Two Creeks and Glenlochar. Reverend A. Moffat presided over the charge. Glenlochar closed in 1929. The charge was called Miniota, Arrow River, Two Creeks Pastoral Charge until 1936 when it became the Miniota Pastoral Charge. In 1952, a four point charge was created consisting of Miniota, Isabella, Arrow River and Beulah, known as the Miniota-Arrow River Pastoral charge. In 1969, Arrow River United Church closed and its congregation amalgamated with Miniota. The baptismal font, hymn books and piano were donated also to the Miniota church. The church, located at Block 2, Plan 673, Lot 76, was sold in 1975 to Mr. Charles Bryant of Miniota for $51.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places