Fonds Acc: Ex - 74 - Arnaud United Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Arnaud United Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Acc: Ex - 74

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1951- 1961 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 volume of textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Arnaud United Church existed in the Manitoba community of Arnaud, southeast of Morris in the Rural Municipality of Franklin, from 1925 to 1971. Its predecessor was a Presbyterian church dedicated in January of 1905. After joining the United Church of Canada in 1925, the church was served by Mr. Hugh Ross, a layman from Winnipeg; Rev. A. Carpenter, a former minister of Iowa; and members of the Sunday School Mission before temporarily closing its doors. The church reopened in 1944. The minister of Morris United Church served the Arnaud congregation from approximately 1955 to October 1, 1971, when Arnaud United Church permanently closed. The church was sold to Arnaud Community Improvement in 1975.

Custodial history

The records of Arnaud United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the Morris - Altona Pastoral charge in 1986.

Scope and content

The records of Arnaud United Church held at the conference archives include a Sacramental Register pertaining to Baptisms (1951 - 1961) and a Communion Roll (1953 - 1954).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Restrictions on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Reigsters apply.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory is available.

Associated materials

Related material: There is a separate fonds level description for Arnaud United Church as part of the Arnaud Pastoral charge fonds.

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres