Title and statement of responsibility area
Angusville United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 86-35
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
23 cm textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Angusville United Church existed in the Manitoba community of Angusville, located southeast of Russell in the Rural Municipality of Silver Creek, from 1925 to 1966. Its predecessor was a Local Union Church created from Angusville Methodist Church and Seeburn Presbyterian Mission, formed in 1916. In 1925, the Angusville pastoral field included the congregation at Boyle, with Rev. F. Chapman presiding. Angusville United Church later served the preaching points of Lidford and Clifford as well. In 1931, Angusville joined Silverton and Minniska to create the Silverton Pastoral charge. In 1963, Angusville joined the Rossburn charge, but officially closed its doors only three years later. Its members joined with Silverton or with Rossburn. The church was sold in 1967 and the proceeds went to the Rossburn Manse fund.
The records of Angusville United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from Brenda Ferguson on November 20, 1986.
Scope and content
The records of Angusville United Church held at the conference archives include Membership Rolls and records of the Session (1928-1929, 1954); records of the Official Board and its standing committees (1952-1965); records of Annual Congregational Meetings and Annual Reports (1955-1966); records pertaining to the Board of Stewards and church property(1955-1966); records of lay associations (1927-1961); and a Circuit Register (1907-1932).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the Rossburn Pastoral charge for the records of the Official Board and its standing Committees that include entries from the Angusville United Church dating from 1963-1969.
No further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description