Fonds Acc: 86-35 - Angusville Union Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Angusville Union Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Acc: 86-35

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1909-1921 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

3 volumes of textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Methodist services were first held around Angusville, Manitoba, located in the Rural Municipality of Silver Creek, in the late 1880's, taking place in the schools and stores until a church was built. Early preaching points of the mission field aligned with the school districts of Seeburn, St. Mary's and Boyle. In 1910, the first church in the district of Angusville was built, serving the Methodist congregtaions of Angusville, St. Mary's and Boyle. The mission field evolved into a charge around 1915 with T.B. Pearson serving as minister to Angusville, Boyle, Lidford and Clifford. In 1916, the Seaburn Presbyterian congregation joined in Local Union with the Angusville Methodist Church, which allowed the Seaburn Presbyterian Mission to finally obtain congregational status.

Custodial history

The records of Angusville Union Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from Brenda Ferguson on Novemeber 20, 1986.

Scope and content

The records of Angusville Union Church held at the conference archives include: records of the Official Board (1915-1921); records of the Trustees Board (1912-1919); and records of the Treasurer (1909-1918).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory is available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres