Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1907 - 2012 (Creation)
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Series was created by the Alumni Association to assist graduates in keeping in touch with fellow classmates, hearing each others news and informing them of changes occurring at the Winnipeg General Hospital.
Some Journals were the property of the Alumni Association whilst others are donations from Alumni members.
Scope and content
Series is a published journal which contained news from the Alumni Association and from Alumni members of the Winnipeg General Hospital and Health Sciences Centre School of Nursing. News included personal announcements, notes from nurses’ in positions throughout the world and news of the changes at the Winnipeg General Hospital. It also included the reports from the various members of the Alumni Association Executive Committee including Financial reports. It also contained some historical information.
Originally entitled Nurses’ Alumnae Journal it was a quarterly publication for the first 20 years of its existence. In 1928 the name changed to Nurses’ Alumnae Annual and became a yearly publication used to report on the activities of the Alumni Association. In 1955 the name of the publication changed again, to Nurses’ Alumnae Journal, possibly in response to the Golden Jubilee. Another name change occurred in 1998 when the Journal became the Nurses’ Alumni Journal. The format of the publication changed in 2006.
In January 2012 it was decided, by the Alumni Executive, that the "production of an annual journal continue[d] to consume more time than [the] volunteers ha[d] to give or offer". The 2011 edition was the last to be produced. However, in 2012 the journal changed format and was distributed as a Newsletter.