Fonds OW.001 - Altamont, St Barnabas fonds

Zone du titre et de la mention de responsabilité

Titre propre

Altamont, St Barnabas fonds

Dénomination générale des documents

Titre parallèle

Compléments du titre

Mentions de responsabilité du titre

Notes du titre

Niveau de description

Fonds

Cote

CA DRL OW.001

Zone de l'édition

Mention d'édition

Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition

Zone des précisions relatives à la catégorie de documents

Mention d'échelle (cartographique)

Mention de projection (cartographique)

Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)

Mention d'échelle (architecturale)

Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)

Zone des dates de production

Date(s)

  • 1910-2005 (Production)

Zone de description matérielle

Description matérielle

23 cm textual material
3 still images

Zone de la collection

Titre propre de la collection

Titres parallèles de la collection

Compléments du titre de la collection

Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection

Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection

Note sur la collection

Zone de la description archivistique

Nom du producteur

Histoire administrative

The parish St Barnabas was established in Musselboro, Manitoba, now known as Altamont, on 20 April 1886 by Archbishop Machray. A church was built and consecrated on 16 June 1918 by Archbishop Glover. St Barnabas, from its inception, had always shared a minister with St John the Baptist, Manitou (OW.051) and St Matthew, New Haven (OW.064) and became part of what is called the Pembina Hills Parishes, which includes St Barnabas; St Paul, Clearwater (OW.016); St Andrew, Crystal City (OW.019); St Mary, Kaleida (OW.043); St John the Baptist, Manitou (OW.051); St Matthew, New Haven (OW.065); St Luke, Pembina Crossing (OW.069); and St John the Evangelist, Pilot Mound (OW.070). In 1990, following the departure of one clergyman (the parishes had previously been served by two fulltime ministers) the parishes undertook a Total Ministry program. Sixteen members of the parishes took courses that would enable them as lay readers to assist and at times lead in worship. On 23 February 1992, they were commissioned as lay ministers in a Commissioning Service held at St John the Baptist in Manitou. In Altamont, lay ministers now take morning prayer service and the Priest presides over Holy Communion services once a month. In 2003, facing massive repairs, the congregation of St. Barnabas moved to the Altamont United Church and held Anglican services every other Sunday. On 9 April 2005, Bishop Phillips deconsecrated and secularized the church building. The church was then sold to Robert Milne and Alana Falk of Morden. The altar, offering plate and credence shelf were donated to St Luke, Pembina Crossing. A tall brass cross was donated to St John the Evangelist, Pilot Mound. The Bishop's Chair and Prayer Desk kneeler were given to local carpenter Fred Crampton. The Prayer Seat was given to Gerry Hoskins. Pews were sold to former parishioners and memorial plaques were offered back to the donating families. Several articles were retained by the congregation to be used in their new home, including the pulpit, baptismal font, candlesticks, hymn board, communion vessels, hangings, and a small brass cross.

Historique de la conservation

Parish to Diocese in 1984.

Portée et contenu

The records of St Barnabas held at the Diocese Archives include: Canonical Files (1918-2005); Titles (1964); Sacramental Registers (1911-1944); Records of Service (1910-1977); Baptism register (7 Jan 1909 - 13 May 1994); Marriage register (29 Oct 1919 - 23 July 2005); Burial register (22 Feb 1912 - 21 March 2016); Minutes of Annual Meetings (1910-1987); Ledger Book (1919-1954); W.A. Minutes (1919-1961); W.A. Pembina Deanery Minutes (1919-1933); Junior W.A. Minutes (1948-1950); A.C.W. Minute Book (1966); W.A. Financial Records (1919-1948); Financial Ledger (1947-1950); W.A. Ledger Book (1959-1997); Little Helpers Record Book (1942-1956); Guest Book (1966-1967); W.A. Parochial Schedules, Annual Reports; still images. Research File.

Zone des notes

État de conservation

Source immédiate d'acquisition

Classement

Langue des documents

Écriture des documents

Localisation des originaux

Canonical files, Titles, and Research files are kept in the Upper Vault, as well as the Parish Registers. The remaining files are stored in the Lower Vault

Disponibilité d'autres formats

Restrictions d'accès

Use of Parish registers is restricted to Archives staff.

Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication

Instruments de recherche

Rural Parishes Finding Aid

Éléments associés

Related material: See Musselboro, St Barnabas (OW.061) for the Deed of Formation.

Éléments associés

Accroissements

Further accruals expected.

Language of material note

English

Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

Zone du numéro normalisé

Numéro normalisé

Mots-clés

Mots-clés - Sujets

Mots-clés - Lieux

Mots-clés - Noms

Mots-clés - Genre

Zone du contrôle

Identifiant de la description du document

Identifiant du service d'archives

Règles ou conventions

Statut

Niveau de détail

Dates de production, de révision et de suppression

Langue de la description

  • anglais

Langage d'écriture de la description

Sources

Zone des entrées

Sujets associés

Personnes et organismes associés

Lieux associés

Genres associés