Alexander United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Alexander United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Alexander United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Alexander, located west of Brandon in the Rural Municipality of Whitehead, since 1925. Its predecessor was a Local Union formed between the Alexander Methodist and Presbyterian Churches in 1919. The Presbyterian Church, built in 1887, continued to be used for the United Church. Reverend H.T. Reynolds was the first United minister. A special service on October 23, 1929 was held to celebrate the addition of a full-sized basement to the church. The church spire was removed in 1955 because of deterioration. The Alexander Pastoral charge included Kemnay from 1925 until 1969, and Roseland from 1952 to 1968. Since 1970, Alexander United Church has been served by the minister at Trinity United Church in Brandon. Alexander United Church, as of 2009, is a member of the Assiniboine Presbytery.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places