The parish of St George, Woodlands was formed by the Right Reverend Robert Machray on 21 July 1886. Services, however, had been held as early as 1874 in the home of Mr David Porteous, with Rev Canon O'Meara of St John's College leading worship. David Porteous also donated an acre of land, located in the SE corner of 16-14-2W for a cemetery. A log church was built in 1876. It was dedicated in October 1877. In 1897 a new church was built from plans designed by Toronto architect, Gordon Halliwell. The church was opened in the fall of 1897. On 20 June 1945, the church was destroyed by fire. The congregation elected to purchase the former Christ Church building, at Rosser. The structure was moved to Woodlands on 9 August 1947. A new foundation and narthex were added. The windows were replaced and the interior was refinished as well. It was opened and dedicated for Woodlands (having already been consecrated in Rosser) on 20 June 1948. In 1952 the original steeple was removed and replaced by a belfry, which housed a bell donated by the Canadian National Railway. A wheelchair ramp was added at this time as well. During the years between 1987 and 1997, the church structure was raised and new basement was dug. The belfry and chimney were removed and a tower and steeple were added. Over the years, St George, Woodlands has been associated various parishes and communities, including: St Oswald, Argyle (OW.002); St John, Brant (OW.011); All Saints, Erinview (OW.026); St Luke, Poplar Point (OW.073); Christ Church, Rosser (OW. 082); Meadow Lea; St Oswald; and Stodgell. Of note is the parish of St James, Woonona (later Stodgell), formed in 1907. Although a parish was formed, a church never materialized. The parish disbanded and all funds raised for church construction were turned over to the Woodlands parish. In 1990, the parish of St Luke, Poplar Heights closed and amalgamated with St George Woodlands. In 1995, St George, Woodlands was "twinned" with the parish of St Cyprian, Teulon. This priest-sharing arrangement lasted until 2006 when St Cyprian made an agreement with a Lutheran church in Teulon. As of 2009, St George, Woodlands is associated with St Michael, Grosse Isle. Clergy from Woodlands also hold an annual service at the St Luke Museum and at All Saints, Erinview.