- Corporate body
First Presbyterian Church existed in the Manitoba community of Oak Lake, located southeast of Virden, from 1885 to 1920. Construction began on a church located on Lots 19 and 20, Block 14, in the Town of Oak Lake in February of 1885 and officially opened in November of that year. It had four preaching points at the time of the church's construction. The first resident minister was Rev. D.H. Hodges. The church building was used as the local schoolhouse until a separate building was erected. It was also shared by the Anglican congregation until St. Alban's Anglican Church was built in 1890. By 1896, the congregation had grown too large for the church and services were moved into Cameron's Hall, now known as the Olde Town Gallery. The church was sold and used as a harness shop. Later, it served as a warehouse for Anderson's store. A new church was built in 1900 and dedicated by Rev. Dr. Bryce on November 13, 1900. First Presbyterian Church entered a Local Union with Oak Lake Methodist Church in 1920, and the Presbyterian Church continued to be used as the Oak Lake Union Church.