The Kelwood-McCreary Pastoral charge has existed since 1952, but a proposal to unite the Kelwood and McCreary fields first surfaced in 1932. In 1952, Kelwood, Norgate, McCreary, and Laurier formed a new charge, with the minister residing in a new manse at McCreary. When Norgate closed in 1966, Norgate's congregation amalgamated with Kelwood. Laurier joined the McCreary congregation when it closed to years later. The Kelwood-McCreary Pastoral charge continues to be a two-point charge consisting of Kelwood and McCreary United Churches in Agassiz Presbytery.