The Alonsa United Church, located in the Manitoban community of Alonsa, northeast of McCreary, was first opened 14 August 1938 and dedicated later that year on 21 October by Reverend J. MacKenzie and Reverend C. King. Alonsa was initially in a field with Birdina, Bluff Creek and Geddes. Student ministers were responsible for worship. During the late 1940s, the United Church in Alonsa acted co-operatively with the local Anglican congregation. In 1957, Alonsa joined with Glenella before becoming a point on the Langruth charge with Amaranth. In 1963, the Plumas-Lakeshore Pastoral charge was formed with points at Alonsa, Amaranth, Langruth and Plumas. Glenella was added in 1970. In 1982, the field was reorganized and split into two. The Plumas charge consisted of Plumas and Glenella, while the remaining three congregations, Alonsa, Amaranth and Langruth formed the Lakeshore charge. In 1993 Alonsa joined with Kelwood and McCreary to form the Alonsa/Kelwood/McCreary Pastoral Charge in Agassiz Presbytery. Alonsa United Church closed in 2006 and the church was sold to the local museum later that year.