All Peoples' Mission existed in Winnipeg from 1899 to 1925. The successors of All Peoples' Mission were All Peoples' Stella Avenue United Church and All Peoples' Sutherland Avenue United Church (though collectively these continued to be referred to as 'All Peoples' Mission'). The Mission originated as a Sunday School under the leadership of Dolly McGuire. Classes began in a lean-to constructed up against McDougall Church at the corner of King and Dufferin Avenue. The popularity of the classes inspired the Methodist City Mission Board to officially form a mission for new Canadians immigrants in 1890. The mission, known as the McDougall Mission, rented space on Main Street to accommodate expanding attendance. When the McDougall Methodist Church constructed a new church structure in 1893, the McDougall Mission took over the old McDougall Church and moved it to Austin Street, within close proximity of the CPR station. A sign was eventually attached to the mission which read "A House of Prayer for All People" in eight languages. The Mission took its name from a passage in Isaiah 5, 7: "Mine house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples". Some of the first ministers supplied by conference to the Mission included Richard L. Morrison, Alfred A. Thompson, Hamilton Wigle, and James S. Woodsworth. In 1901, All Peoples' bought a church structure from the Congregationalists on Maple Street, located between Higgins and MacDonald. The Maple Street Church would serve as the first branch station of All Peoples' Mission in Winnipeg. Rev. R. Morrison became the first Superintendent of the mission and the name 'Maple Street Mission' was adopted. In 1904, a mission for Slavic immigrants was established on Stella and Powers (in the former Bethlehem Church structure which had been purchased in 1895), under the direction of Jaromir V. Kovar and Rev. Hamilton Wigle. The 'Mission for foreigners' was renamed Bethlehem Slavic Mission in 1905, and was eventually renamed simply Bethlehem upon moving from Stella to Burrows Avenue. In 1907,the work of all the mission stations was officially united under the name of All Peoples' Mission and J.S. Woodsworth was appointed Superintendent. The following year, a mission/institute was built on the corner of Euclid and Sutherland. The Euclid Avenue Institute was commonly referred to simply as the 'Institute'. The successful design of the Euclid Avenue building inspired the erection of a similar structure on the corner of Stella Avenue and Powers Avenue in 1909. The 1909 minutes of the Methodist Conference of Manitoba recognize five mission stations of All Peoples': Maple Street, Stella Avenue, Euclid Ave, Burrows Ave and the Exhibition grounds (though the Exhibition station was dropped after 1910, and the Burrows station was removed after 1913). Through its various mission stations, All Peoples' Mission offered kindergarten classes, Christian Education, swimming classes, Night School, Bible Classes, as well as several clubs, including CGIT, Boys Club, North End Women's Club/Council, and a Young Peoples' Society. The structures on both Euclid Avenue and Stella Avenue offered 'swimming baths' to the community. Services at mission stations were held in a variety of languages, including English, Polish, Bohemian and German. In 1913, the Euclid Avenue Institute was renamed after Sutherland Avenue. In 1917, Maple Street Mission became an independent station separate from All Peoples'. Rev. J. Shaver became the superintendent of the mission in 1921 and the name 'City Missions' temporarily replaced 'All Peoples' in describing the urban, Methodist missions of Winnipeg. Maclean Mission temporarily came under the wing of City Missions, before becoming a permanent, independent station. In 1925, Methodist and Presbyterian missions came into union under the United Church of Canada. After church union, the Maple Street Mission united with Point Douglas United Church and All Peoples' Mission included two permanent mission stations at Stella Avenue and Sutherland.