Collection 1981.210 - A.E. McKenzie Collection

Harvesting Corn McKenzie Seeds Staff With Trucks Canadian Siberian Expeditionary Force Shipment at McKenzie Seeds Bookkeeping Department of A.E. McKenzie Ltd. A.E. McKenzie and Staff

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

A.E. McKenzie Collection

General material designation

  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Collection

Repository

Reference code

CA DHM 1981.210

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1907-1958 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

6 photographs

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Custodial history

Donated to the Daly House Museum by A. McKenzie in 1980. Prior custodial history is unknown.

Scope and content

Photographs of McKenzie Seeds employees harvesting corn, a line of cars and McKenzie Seeds staff, a wagon in front of the A.E. McKenzie building, the bookkeeping department of McKenzie Seeds, and A.E. McKenzie and his staff.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script note

Researchers are responsible for copyright requirements.

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

History: Albert Edward McKenzie established a seed company in 1896 called the Brandon Seed House. It later became known as the A. E. McKenzie Seed Co. Ltd. and grew to become the largest seed production and distribution business in Western Canada.
The building pictured was built in 1910, designed by architect Thomas Sinclair and constructed by the Brandon Construction Company at 30 9th Street under the supervision of Thomas Harrington.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

1981.210

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres