Collection 1990.542 - 26th Field Artillery Regiment Museum Collection

Prince Edward Hotel Stanley Park Brandon Normal School Brandon General Hospital Exhibition Park Entrance Downtown Brandon - 10th Street Brandon Court House Rosser Avenue Looking East Brandon College Fire Hall - Brandon, Manitoba
Results 1 to 10 of 13 Show all

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

26th Field Artillery Regiment Museum Collection

General material designation

  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description



Reference code

CA DHM 1990.542

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • c.1903-1958 (Creation)
    26th Field Artillery Regiment Museum

Physical description area

Physical description

13 photographs

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator


Administrative history

The 26th Field Regiment RCA / XII Manitoba Dragoons Museum is located in the Brandon Armoury at 116 Victoria Avenue, Brandon, Manitoba. The armoury was built in 1907 and has housed the Royal North West Mounted Police, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the 99th Manitoba Rangers, the XII Manitoba Dragoons, and the 26th Field Artillery Regiment. The first floor of the building now houses a military history museum, archives and library that have been open to the public since 1979.

Custodial history

The collection was donated to the Daly House Museum by the 26th Field Artillery Regiment Museum in 1990. The material originally came from the estate of L. Col. G.D. Crawford of Brandon, Manitoba.

Scope and content

The collection contains photographs of buildings, streets and parks in the City of Brandon. Included are images of the Prince Edward Hotel, Hotel Cecil, Brandon College, Brandon Collegiate, Central Fire Station, Normal School, court house, Stanley Park, and the Provincial Exhibition Park entrance. Also included are photographs of Rosser Avenue and 10th Street in Brandon and the Leitch farm near Alexander, Manitoba.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Researchers are responsible for copyright requirements.

Finding aids

Object IDs: 1990.542.4.1-12; 1990.542.9

Associated materials

Other objects donated with this collection are housed separately at the Daly House Museum.

Related materials


Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description


Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres