Item 1977.1.122 - 14th Street & Princess Avenue

Open original digital objects

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

14th Street & Princess Avenue

General material designation

  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Stanely Park is located at 14th Street and Princess Avenue in Brandon. The land was acquired by the City of Brandon from the CPR Company in 1894 and was originally called the West End Park. In 1907, the park was renamed in honour of Stanely McInnis after his sudden death from appendicitis. McInnis was a prominent dentist and and member of the Manitoba Legislature. Stanely Park remains open as a City Park today. Park School was located at the 1400 Block of Lorne Avenue, across the street from Stanley Park. Designed by W.A. Elliott, the school was built in 1904 to replace West Ward School. The school operated until 1975 when students were transferred to Betty Gibson School. After being briefly used by Brandon University, the building was demolished in 1978.

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Item

Repository

Reference code

CA DHM 1977.1-1977.1.122

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1913 (Creation)
    Creator
    H. H. Allen (photographer)
    Place
    Brandon (Man.)

Physical description area

Physical description

12.5" x 14.5" (b/w)

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Custodial history

Donated to the Daly House Museum by the City of Brandon in 1977.

Scope and content

Photograph of the corner of 14th Street and Princess, overlooking Stanley Park with Park School visible in the background.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Negative available at Daly House Museum.

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Researchers are responsible for copyright requirements.

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

digital objects (Master) rights area

digital objects (Reference) rights area

digital objects (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres